Items in UMKC Digital Special Collections are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. The contents of UMKC Digital Special Collections are made publicly available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Although the nature of archival and manuscript materials sometimes makes it difficult to determine the copyright status of an item, it is the user's responsibility to use them according to all applicable terms. Please contact the contributing partner for additional information regarding copyright status of a particular digital image, text, data set, or sound or video recording. By using said materials, you agree to the following:
- Responsibility for any use of these materials rests exclusively with the user.
- Some materials in these collections may be protected by copyright or other restrictions, including but not limited to:
- U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.)
- Privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks
- Terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, and other collection-level provisions
- Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by copyright law requires the written permission of the copyright owners
- When using items from UMKC Digital Special Collections, please include the following credit language appropriate for the contributing partner:
- LaBudde Special Collections, UMKC University Libraries.
- Marr Sound Archives, UMKC University Libraries.