Angelo B. M. Corrubia Artwork Collection

Angelo B.M. Corrubia was born in Barile, Italy in 1881, is known for his landscapes and farm scenes, as well as masterful renderings of urban buildings in St. Louis, his home from the 1920s until his death in 1943. After studying architecture at Washington University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Corrubia designed many important St. Louis buildings including the Sacred Heart Convent and St. Ambrose Church, both located in the historic Italian neighborhood known as “The Hill”. Corrubia formed the Business Men’s Art Club in St. Louis in 1928 and painted in the area for the remainder of his life.
St. Louis Mercantile Library Art Museum